If you have an air conditioner at home or in the office, likely, you have already hired the services of an aircon technician. It would help if you had your aircon checked to make sure that it will still function well.
The installation of an air conditioner unit is quite costly; that is why it is imperative to ensure that this investment will last for a long time. Regular maintenance should be periodically done to your air conditioner unit to prolong its life and maintain its efficiency.
One service that is always present in the checklist of any aircon professional is the topping up of aircon gas. But not all are familiar with aircon top-up gas; as a result, many misconceptions arise.
Bear in mind the following misconceptions and be guided accordingly:
Topping Up Aircon Gas is not necessary.
Because many people are not familiar with this aircon service, they tend to ignore it. They also believe that their aircon can function well without undergoing this service. Well, this is quite a BIG NO. Let me state the different reasons why the above statement is not true.
• Topping up aircon gas is one of the most common services that aircon specialists render to Singapore clients.
• Many residents in the country know and understand the advantages and disadvantages if their air conditioner unit does not undergo topping up.
• It is a major aircon service that is being provided throughout Singapore.
So, the next time you have your aircon checked, do not forget to remind a technician, if ever he forgets, to top up your aircon gas.
Topping Up Aircon gas is easy to do
This service is definitely not one of those easy-to-do aircon services. It covers many things; it tackles the Freon, compressor, evaporator, and many things discussed later in this article. This service takes about several hours to finish depending on the condition of the air conditioning unit.
Topping Up Aircon gas is not connected with the efficiency of the air conditioner.
This statement is another BIG MYTH. Considering that topping up aircon gas is about dealing with Freon and compressor, you can already conclude that they deal with the most important parts of the air conditioning unit.
As such, it cannot be true that if your Freon leaks, it will not affect the efficiency of your air conditioner. Many people think that this service is not connected to the efficiency of an air conditioner because they do not really know what this service is all about.
Topping up Aircon gas does not help in decreasing the energy consumption
It is really is not true. When your aircon gas is topped up, it will follow that your energy consumption will also decrease. Topping up can provide the following advantageous services:
• Topping up fixes the leaks in the Freon.
• Topping up repairs the problem in the whole air conditioning system.
Of course, it will automatically follow that your energy consumption will decrease. Therefore, you will not just save energy; you will also save money.
Low gas level in your air conditioning unit is not a cause for alarm.
Many people ignore it when someone tells them that their air conditioner’s gas level is low. Well, it should not be the case. The moment you hear or find out from someone that your air conditioning unit’s gas level is getting low, the first thing you need to do is call an aircon technician.
Remember the below statements:
• Low gas level pertains to a slight leakage in the air conditioning system. Although it is just small, it needs to be repaired immediately to maintain its functionality.
• If your air conditioning unit is relatively new, it is much easier to fix because it has natural connections to avoid leaks.
• But if your unit is already old, an aircon technician needs to perform a more complicated procedure, which of course, is more time-consuming.
Failure to top up your aircon gas is not costly.
Many people neglect that they need to have their aircon gas topped up because they believe that the failure to do so will not cost them a lot. Well, sadly, it is indeed costly. When you fail to have your aircon gas checked by a trusted aircon technician, chances are the leaks and breakage within the system will lead to a more complicated problem. Your air conditioning unit’s compressor can break down, and chances are it needs to be replaced, which is undeniably costly.
Other things that can happen when you fail to have your aircon gas checked are the following:
• Because of the low gas level, the air conditioner’s evaporator coil can be frozen, which can freeze up in time. In some instances, it is not just the evaporator coil that needs to be replaced or repaired; the whole system must also be replaced too.
• Because Freon, a refrigerant gas, is considered a controlled substance, it is absolutely perilous when exposed to the environment. Thus, Freon and other related parts should also be replaced, which means another expense on your part.